R-fACTOR - Fiber Mat
BGF™s new R-FACTOR is a breakthrough, award-winning innovation for high temperature insulation that provides consistent, reliable product uniformity and performance surpassing any comparable product on the market today.
R-FACTOR is a process that produces an unprecedented 4.5pcf density mat with physical characteristics that are exceptionally uniform and consistent. A variety of fibers can be used to develop an R-FACTOR mat, such as fiberglass, SilcoSoft® and other high performance fibers.
R-FACTOR is an adhesive-free, mechanically bonded mat weighing in at only 4.5 pcf with thicknesses ranging from 0.75 to 1. Proprietary processing methods allow for flexibility of the high temperature fibers utilized. R-FACTOR is particularly effective where low weight and low density are key design parameters. R-FACTOR also offers excellent thermal and acoustical performance in high temperature environments.
Partner with BGF to develop a customized solution with R-FACTOR that will meet and exceed the requirements of your engineering design project.
- Excellent product uniformity
- Low Density consistently 4.5 pcf
- Excellent thermal performance in operating temperatures up to 1000 degrees F
- Consistent in appearance
- Low thermal conductivity at temperatures to 1000° F (538° C)
- Good drape-ability”conforms to irregular surfaces
- Non-respirable, 9 micron filament diameter
- Moisture absorption negligible
- Excellent vibration resistance, will not powder
- Excellent sound absorption properties (NRC available upon request)
- Non-alkaline (<0.01%)
- Low chlorides and fluorides
- Will not contribute to metal corrosion
- Odorless-will not absorb odors-clean
- Will not decay or sustain mold or vermin