Glass Fabric Finishes
Many fiberglass fabrics will require finishing which is determined by the particular application or end use of the fabric. Fabrics which are not finished are called greige, loom state, or untreated fabrics.
Finishing processes include but are not limited to
Removal of the sizing and binder that was applied to the glass fibers to facilitate weaving. This is accomplished through heat cleaning, scouring, or other specialized methods. After cleaning, the fabric may be treated with chemical agents which interact with the chemistry and processes used by our customers or may be left as is.
Sizing and binder may be left on the fabric with various chemical agents applied directly over the greige/loom state fabric.
- 208 Comparable to 603A but pigmented red to indicate non asbestos material.
- A218 Special processing for surfboard fabric which improves wetout, clarity, and laminate strength.
- 231 PVC Weaveset – medium add-on
- 236 PVC Weaveset – high add-on
- 252 Acrylic Weaveset – medium add-on
- 261 Patented flame-retardant, low toxic, low smoke, white paint-like finish for navy board and acoustical fabrics.
- 263 Acrylic Weaveset – with good slitability – high add-on
- 263F Firm version of 263
- 271 PVAC acrylic copolymer white weaveset used mainly in roofing
- 272 Same as 271 but black
- 273 Same as 271 but yellow
- 274 A firm low add-on acrylic weaveset with low smoke flame retardant properties.
- 318 Low toxic, low smoking, high reflective, pre-painted white ceiling board finish. Colors available as 318x finishes.
- 373 Chemical resistance consisting of polymer/PTFE
- 422 White PVC/Acrylic weaveset for laminated window shades.
- 445 Alkali resistant finish for cement reinforcement
- 460 Finish compatible with epoxy and phenolic resins
- 497A A silane finish that can undergo addition or condensation reactions with polymeric resins. Is compatible with epoxy, phenolic, polyimide, and polyester resins.
- 501 Thermal cleaning finish, designed for silicone laminates (formerly called 112), used with styles 104 and 106. Fabric is normally white in color.
- 504 Volan Chrome complex finish compatible with polyester and epoxy resins.
- 508A Finish compatible with epoxy, phenolic, and polyimide resins
- 514 Neutral pH, recommended for silicone laminates.
- 516 Silane finish over thermal cleaned fabric for melamine laminates.
- 517 Continuous heat cleaning finish (formerly 210). Fabric is normally tan in color.
- 538 Soft A-1100 silane finish compatible with epoxy, phenolic, and polyimide resins.
- 550 Combination of Volan and silane coupling agents compatible with polyester and epoxy resins.
- 558 A finish based on Z-6040 silane compatible with epoxy resins.
- 537 Thermal cleaning finish, designed for silicone laminates, usedwith styles other than 104 and 106. Fabric is normally white incolor.
- 580 Triple finish consisting of silicone oils/graphite/PTFE
- 581 Weaveset for paintable ceiling board fabric.
- 602 Modified silane finish for superior wet-out specialty resin applications. Good for polybutadiene
- 603A Multi-purpose pad covering and lagging finish, providing good hand, minimal dust, and ease of application.
- 610A Pre-applied rewettable lagging finish that is water activated and provides ease of application.
- 615 10% add-on of DuPont’s Teflon® B
- 618 Scouring process for removal of extractable material (to less than 0.1%), maximizing resin compatibility.
- 621 High performance finish for epoxy and polyimide resins
- 625 Acid resistance consisting of acid resistant
- polymers/PTFE/silicone oils, graphite
- 627 A silane finish compatible with polyester and vinyl ester resins.
- 629 Lower add-on of 318
- 633 Water resistant finish.
- 636 High impact, soft formable finish for polyester resins
- 642 Good moisture resistance and electrical properties with good wet-out. Developed for FR-4 epoxy but also recommended for polyimide, BT, and Cyanate Ester.
- 643 Developed for multilayer and bonding sheets applications but also good for general epoxy FR-4 applications. Exhibits very good wet-out characteristics.
- 646 Low chloride silane finish for multilayer and bonding sheets applications. Also general epoxy FR-4 applications. Exhibits very good wet-out and moisture resistance.
- 644 Modified Z-6040 silane finish for epoxy resins.
- 654 Scour and water repellent finish for ballistic Kevlar
- 656 Scour finish for ballistic Kevlar
- 832V A light add-on soft acrylic weaveset to improve fabric processing in laminating.
- 832W A medium add-on soft acrylic weaveset to improve fabric processing in laminating.
- 818P Polyester weaveset, high add-on
- 971C Flame retardant coating for smoke curtains.
- 975 PVA weaveset which reduces fabric porosity and aids slitting and sewing.
- 983 High temperature ceramic coating.